Professor Rama Shanker Verma [Ph.D., FNASc, FBRSI, FAMI]
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad, (U.P.) INDIA
Contact : +91 532 2922222, 2922004, 2922027
Fax: +91 532 2922125,
Ph.D., Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi 
M.Phil., Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi 
M.Sc. Biochemistry, Allahabad University, Allahabad .
● Professor at Department of Biotechnology-IIT-M, Chennai [2009-2021]
● Adjunct Professor at Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology - Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia [2016-2019]
● Associate Professor Department of Biotechnology-IIT-M, Chennai [2004-09]
● Research Assistant Professor at Department of Medicine, Indiana University Medical Center, Indianapolis, IN, USA [1999-2000]
● Associate Professor Department of Biotechnology-NIPER, Mohali, Punjab [1998-99]
● Assistant Professor, Department of Biochemistry, Punjab University, Chandigarh 
● Research Assistant Professor at Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA [1997-98]
● Senior Scientist at Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA [1995-97]
● Visiting Research Associate at Department of Medicine, Indiana University Medical Center, Indianapolis, IN, USA [1994-95]
● Staff Fellow at NCI-NIH, Bethesda, MD, USA [1991-93]
● Head, Pharmacology Division-Lupin, Pune 
● General Manager, Department of Biotechnology- Cadila Healthcare Ltd., Ahmedabad [2000-04]
Award / Honors
i. FNASc (Fellow of National Academy of Sciences India-2014)
ii. Applied Biotechnology and Applied Pharmacy Senior Scientist Award-2014
iii. Fellow of Society for Applied Biotechnology-2011
iv. Fellow of Association of Microbiologists of India- 2010
v. Genome Pioneer Recognition Award-2008
vi. Fellow Madras Science Foundation 2006
vii.Life time Achievement Award Nation Society
Area of Research
i. Trans-differentiation study of stem cell into cardiac tissue and elucidation and mechanism and genetic and epigenetic level
ii. Study on 3D culture of stem and cancer cells under microgravity
iii. Construction of novel cyto-lytic fusion proteins (immunotoxin) against cancer
iv. Drug Delivery System against leukemia
v. Liver and Heart-valve tissue engineering
vi. Elucidation of Notch and Wnt signaling pathway in Fanconi Anemia (Rare blood disorder)
i. Faculty selection committee member at several Indian institutes such as IIT’s NIPER and various Institutions/Universities
ii. External and internal examiner for the award of Doctor of Philosophy
iii. Expert / Reviewer for DBT-Wellcome trust, DBT, DST, BRNS, ICMR and DRDO funding agencies
iv. Chairman of Biosafety committee, Institute ethics committee and animal ethical committee at IIT, Madras [2004-Present]
v. Member of Board of Governor National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER) Mohali.
vi. Member Stem cell committee nominated by President of India.
vii. Chairman and Member of Board of Studies in more than 50 universities.
Guided 32 Ph.Ds/M. Tech and MS students. Published 185 research papers and several book chapters (15) and review papers on Stem Cell Biology, Tissue Engineering, Fanconi Anemia and Immunotoxin based cancer therapeutics. Papers published in various prestigious journals such as: Blood, JCI, JBC, BBA, J of Material Science, Drug Discovery today, Oncotarget, Advanced Healthcare Material, Cancer letter, Apoptosis, Nanomedicine etc.
ORCHID ID : 000-0001-7287-7803
Patents Filed – 23
Granted – 3
Transfer to Industry – 1
i. Rama S. Verma Resistance to Immunotoxins in Cancer Therapy (2015) Edited319-17274-3 ISBN 978. © Springer International Publishing Switzerland.
ii. Rama S. Verma and Seeram Ramakrishna: Eds Biomaterials: Biosensors (2020) current opinion in Biomedical engineering https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cobme.2020.07.001 2468-4511/© 2020 Published by Elsevier Inc.Netherlands