|General Information||DASA [Stakeholders Meeting: Minutes 2013]||AIEEE-CCB|
- Indian Institute of Information Technology Allahabad and its Amethi Campus (RGIIT), both are equal opportunity Educational Institutions for all citizens of India. Foreign students and NRI"s are also extended the benefits as per the Government of India Guidelines in force at the time.
- Saturday & Sunday at IIITA - Allahabad and RGIIT - Amethi
- All students are allotted their Enrollment Numbers and e-mail addresses at the time of their initial Registration itself. These are a Unique Identification of each student & must be indicated on all communications made with the Institute.
- Identity Cards of all those students who have filled their Identity Card Forms at the time of their Registration are ready & can be collected between 3-5 pm from the Xerox Section in the Administration Building of the Institute. For those who have still to submit any document, etc. are advised to visit the Examcell for Identity Card Issuance. Others may fill up the forms obtainable from Examcell during the same time.
- Computers are issued to all students by the Maintenance Cell, immediately upon their arrival and on possession of Identity Cards.
- Stipend: All M.Tech. students eligible for stipend MUST fill in the Stipend form (Being Mailed as an attachment) and after getting it forwarded from the respective Faculty Member submit the same in Dean"s Office. This MUST be completed by 5th of each month. Forms received after 5th of each month shall be processed in the next month & no interim application shall be entertained.
- Bank Account: All students MUST open a bank account and communicate their Account Number to Mr. N K Tripathi / Mr. D N Shukla in the Accounts Department as soon as possible, so that their Stipend / Stipend can be processed immediately upon receipt of their Stipend Form from Dean"s Office/ Scholarship form from respective agency. Alternatively, students can e-mail their account no. at email@example.com alongwith their Name and Enrolment Number.
- Railway Concession Forms: Institute issues Railway Concession Forms to students traveling to their homes during End Semester Break Periods. Railway Reservations can be made by using the Internet facility at the Institute. Identity card number displayed on the Identity card can be used for the purpose.
- Scholarships: Institute awards few merit Scholarships to toppers in each specialty every year, based upon their past performance at the Institute. Students from economically weaker sections of the Society (those having income less than Rs. 1 Lakh per year), are granted scholarships from the Ministry of Social welfare. Application Forms for the same are available from Financial Adviser of the Institute. In addition Institute encourages students to participate in the several ongoing projects of the Institute to be benefited under the earn-while-you-learn program. Scholarships for Single Girl Child, Pratibha Scholarship, etc. from several other agencies are also available to IIIT-A students.
- Leave: All M.Tech. Students are eligible for 10 days Medical Leave (only upon the specific recommendation of the Institute"s Authorised Medical Attendants. Medical Certificates from other sources are not accepted for Medical Leave purposes.) and a total of One Months leave in one Calendar Year (Leave, other than Medical Leave, can be availed only during End semester periods). Application for this shall have to routed through respective Faculty Member with whom the students are attached. Application MUST be submitted atleast three days in advance from the intended date of start of leave, to the Dean"s Office (Academic). A list of Students attached with Faculty Members shall be issued soon from the Dean"s Office. Students must also apprise the Warden of their Hostel before leaving the station and also on their return.
All B.Tech. MBA & MPCLIS students must also submit three days advance application in the Directorate for going out of station and intimate to the Warden of the respective Hostel about their absence.
Leave not availed in accordance to the above procedure shall be taken as unauthorized absence & shall qualify for disciplinary action against the student.
- Medical Assistance: For the benefit of the students Institute has following schedule of Doctors: (Schedule of Doctors)
In addition Institute has a tie up with Nazareth Hospital and Kamala Nehru Memorial Hospital which are Multispeciality Hospitals with facility for indoor treatment. After being referred to the Hospital by any of the Institute Doctors, students can get admitted into the hospital after showing their referral letter & Institute Identity Card. Subsequently, Institute should be informed about the admittance so that a formal letter can be sent to the Hospital, based on which the Hospital shall not charge any of the expenses incurred on the medical treatment of the student for all in house available facilities. For cases where such test(s) are recommended by the Hospital Doctor which cannot be undertaken at the Hospital, Student shall have to get them done from outside and subsequently claim a reimbursement for them. As a policy matter all students are eligible for admission in General Ward ONLY. In case they opt for admission in higher category of accommodation, they shall have to pay for the difference to the Institute.
Attendance at Conferences / Workshops: Institute encourages all its Post Graduate Students for participating in Conferences by way of presenting papers in them. Details are available with respective Faculty Members, which may be taken from them. All such papers should necessarily be co-authored by any of the Institute"s Faculty Member and the facilities of the Institute properly acknowledged.
Since Institute views PLAGIARISM very seriously, it is mandatory that each paper sent for consideration in any outside forum / conference / journal etc. MUST be submitted to the Dean Academic"s Office at least one month in advance for its Plagiarism check & prior approval. PRIOR approval is a MUST.
- All Hostels are provided with Round-the-Clock free Electricity and Water Coolers, supported by Aqua Guard arrangement. All rooms are also provided with Internet Connectivity. The Mess in each Hostel caters hygienic food to all inmates. In their own interest students are advised not to eat at any of the unauthorized outlets outside. Institute also houses a Canteen within the campus to cater to the needs of Snacks, etc. of the students.
At the Hostel, each student is provided with a Cot, Table , Chair and an Almirah Space, the suggested list of items that may be required by a Hosteller during the course of his /her stay on Campus is likely to include the following:
One Bucket with 2 Mugs + Soap with Soap case + Door Lock
Bedding with warm Clothing, Blanket/Quilt & Mosquito Net
Temperature at Allahabad & Amethi ranges between 5-7 C in Winters & 45 - 49 C in Summers.
Table Lamp : In case you are habitual otherwise Tube lights are provided in all rooms.
Appropriate Clothing and Shoes.
- Institute provides free transport to its students to visit Allahabad city. Any misconduct while on board the Institute bus shall however be viewed very seriously. In general, all students are expected to be dressed up neatly & smartly and maintain a very humble and amicable attitude whether inside or Outside the Campus.
- Placements and Training: Institute has a full fledged Training and Placement Section that takes care of the students requirements. From our past experience, it has been observed that companies who visit the campus generally prefer "the throughout first class" candidates. The Institute therefore does not guarantee that each student shall be placed through it. Sponsored category candidates admitted to various Post Graduate Programs are also apprised that Institute is not responsible for their placements.